Lost
Two years ago, in a crowded and over-heated market I saw unique beauty from the corner of my eye. I was instantly attracted to both its character and flaws. I quickly overpaid for this piece of jewelry and proceeded to flaunt my new purchase to my envious friends. Overtime, this funky ring became a part of my image as if it were the perfect representation of me. I began wearing it habitually not really noticing its presence.
Over the holidays in cinema 9 of the AMC/Forum, enraptured by a personal moment with Jude Law, I carelessly twirled the ring around my finger and like a demonic force ~ it flew from my possession into the black theatre air. As I became more grossly intimate with Jude, I forgot about looking for the ring.
That night or early morning rather, I woke up startled realizing with horror that I had lost MY ring. I panicked and woke my sister up to tell her the horrible news. Then I waited for the cinema to open and returned to search and search to no avail.
Just like that, one careless thought, one harmless distraction, one carefree action or moment caused me to lose something that belonged to me ~ something important to me ~ something I loved.
Two years ago, in a crowded and over-heated market I saw unique beauty from the corner of my eye. I was instantly attracted to both its character and flaws. I quickly overpaid for this piece of jewelry and proceeded to flaunt my new purchase to my envious friends. Overtime, this funky ring became a part of my image as if it were the perfect representation of me. I began wearing it habitually not really noticing its presence.
Over the holidays in cinema 9 of the AMC/Forum, enraptured by a personal moment with Jude Law, I carelessly twirled the ring around my finger and like a demonic force ~ it flew from my possession into the black theatre air. As I became more grossly intimate with Jude, I forgot about looking for the ring.
That night or early morning rather, I woke up startled realizing with horror that I had lost MY ring. I panicked and woke my sister up to tell her the horrible news. Then I waited for the cinema to open and returned to search and search to no avail.
Just like that, one careless thought, one harmless distraction, one carefree action or moment caused me to lose something that belonged to me ~ something important to me ~ something I loved.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home