I am 100 years old.
Yesterday I found out that the guy known as the "old guy" in my foursome...is younger than me! hahahaha - cassé!
With every birthday, it seems that there are more who take offense to my aging. "You're old!!!", they exclaim with a mocking tone. Should I be insulted?
Frankly, I feel young and old at the same time. There are days I feel as innocent, clueless, energetic and rebellious as a teenager. And there are days I feel like I have the life experience and the wisdom of an 35 year-old.
Would I prefer to be mistaken for older or younger? I want to write something corny like "neither - I just want to be seen as myself" but honestly, I would rather be mistaken for older. I am too cynical and accomplished to be a day younger than what I am.
Plus if you think about it, cougars have it way better than little trophy wives. Not that I have a thing for younger dudes - but if I had to choose between a 20 year-old and a 45 year-old. You know my answer.
Yesterday I found out that the guy known as the "old guy" in my foursome...is younger than me! hahahaha - cassé!
With every birthday, it seems that there are more who take offense to my aging. "You're old!!!", they exclaim with a mocking tone. Should I be insulted?
Frankly, I feel young and old at the same time. There are days I feel as innocent, clueless, energetic and rebellious as a teenager. And there are days I feel like I have the life experience and the wisdom of an 35 year-old.
Would I prefer to be mistaken for older or younger? I want to write something corny like "neither - I just want to be seen as myself" but honestly, I would rather be mistaken for older. I am too cynical and accomplished to be a day younger than what I am.
Plus if you think about it, cougars have it way better than little trophy wives. Not that I have a thing for younger dudes - but if I had to choose between a 20 year-old and a 45 year-old. You know my answer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home