~ Dum Spiro Spero ~
While I breathe, I hope
One of my dear friends proposed to me over the Christmas holidays - he said "M, if you're still single at 30, i'll marry you. It will be just me and you. 30."
Weeks later, he cautioned me to protect my womb - no drinking or smoking - eat well and take care - since he potentially could be the father of my children~~ WAHAHA!!That's me! I have fabulous dodgy friends that keep me very happy and entertained.
Days later, our casual mindless conversation stayed with me. Is 30, 35, or even 40yrs old too young to give up on finding "the one" - to settle for someone? (if pigs do indeed fly and the friend in question and I end up affiliating ourselves with one another...forget this whole blog - cause obviously we would be marrying for love and all that fun stuff...but I digress...)
Earlier this month, someone close to me made a difficult decision and walked away from a multiple-year relationship. To me, that's an obsene amount of courage. She could have easily married him and lived happily ever after. "I'd rather be an island than be with someone who wasn't l'homme de ma vie." As her friend, I have to say that this man was absolute perfection - he simply wasn't perfect for her. I admire her for taking the road less travelled.
And what of me? In 5 - 10 years time, if I still haven't found l'homme de ma vie, and the clock is going TICKITY TACKITY TOC...would I settle for someone I mildly loved? I sincerely hope not.
For now, I'm absolutely spoiled by the interesting personalities who make me laugh and platonically love me.
While I breathe, I hope
One of my dear friends proposed to me over the Christmas holidays - he said "M, if you're still single at 30, i'll marry you. It will be just me and you. 30."
Weeks later, he cautioned me to protect my womb - no drinking or smoking - eat well and take care - since he potentially could be the father of my children~~ WAHAHA!!That's me! I have fabulous dodgy friends that keep me very happy and entertained.
Days later, our casual mindless conversation stayed with me. Is 30, 35, or even 40yrs old too young to give up on finding "the one" - to settle for someone? (if pigs do indeed fly and the friend in question and I end up affiliating ourselves with one another...forget this whole blog - cause obviously we would be marrying for love and all that fun stuff...but I digress...)
Earlier this month, someone close to me made a difficult decision and walked away from a multiple-year relationship. To me, that's an obsene amount of courage. She could have easily married him and lived happily ever after. "I'd rather be an island than be with someone who wasn't l'homme de ma vie." As her friend, I have to say that this man was absolute perfection - he simply wasn't perfect for her. I admire her for taking the road less travelled.
And what of me? In 5 - 10 years time, if I still haven't found l'homme de ma vie, and the clock is going TICKITY TACKITY TOC...would I settle for someone I mildly loved? I sincerely hope not.
For now, I'm absolutely spoiled by the interesting personalities who make me laugh and platonically love me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home