Fourth Solitude

Monday, March 29, 2004

2 cheek kiss

This is the custom in Montréal. To know when is an appropriate time to exercise the custom - to know the speed, duration, intensity that would send the appropriate message...Its sort of an art.

I miss it. To me, it's classy and familiar.

Just like I miss watching a hockey game with my father at the Forum or Molson stadium (I believe they call it the Bell Amphitheatre now...)

Tonite - I saw a Leafs game in a box. Probably the highlight of my career cause we were handpicked by senior management to go schmooze with the execs. A nite of free booze and food and fun. But I was bitterly disappointed.

WHERE WAS THE SPIRIT??? There was no GO HABS GO (or go l--s go in this particular situation). The fans didn't do the wave - NOT ONCE! and finally - no dancing or singing "AH OUAAAIS AH OUAIS AH OUAIS AH OUAIS" song.

Only a Montreal Canadiens game could make an Asian man show emotion in public. I miss watching hockey on the TV with my paternal grand-father. Going to games with my dad - cheering, singing, being rowdy and feisty. I miss hockey - Montreal style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home