Are we all stalkers?
Let's all admit it - we all have some stalker-tendencies. For one, you're reading my web log - you stalker!!
So my commentary is this - the internet age has really facilitated the stalker in us to shine through. Some of us "google" the people in our lives...I for one, frequently go into my boss's e-calendar to find out what his day will be like for the next couple of days. For what reason? Oh just to know!
But what happens when we allow these stalker-tendencies to leave the cyber world and enter into our daily living?
Here are a couple stalker-stories:
This weekend, a friend of mine went to Conneticut to visit a guy friend - who happened to live in the same building as a recent ex-fling. As she was leaving, she noticed a brand new car sitting in the lot and she remembered her ex mentioning that he would be buying a new car. So she walked up to take a peek. The peek became a full-blown peer - which then became an analysis of both the car and the contents within the car. And as she was intensely peering inside, she suddenly noticed him coming out of the building. Mortified, she decided to duck and HIDE. She then carefully slinked away and never made her presence known - relieved that she was not caught in the act of stalking.
Now for the author of this blog...This past Friday while at work, I came back from a meeting to see that my friend called my cell. So I decided to return his call - I tried to reach him at his house and on his cell. Then at the end of the work day - I thought I'd try again because we were supposed to have plans that very evening. I got home and went to work out and when I got back to my apartment, I saw that he had called me back. Then the stalker in me BUSTED out and I tried like 7 or 8 times to call him back during the course of the night...forgetting that with technology these days...he would see this stupidness. It's not exactly the same thing as checking his blog a million times.
At 2 am he woke up from his accidental-crazy nap to find that I - the emptomy of coolness and aloofness had called him a million times.
My phone rang - "Hey M its G...sorry to call so late...but did you call me?" Half asleep I answer - "No...I'm sleeping" then he says "Ok - just checking to see if you are okay cuz I see on my cell and house line that you called a couple of times tonight."
OH F!!! Remembering my stalkerness. So after weeks of constructing this fabulously cool/chill image - I have ruined myself!! I tried as fast as I could to get off the phone - I was completely embarrassed and mortified. And as I was extricating myself from the conversation, he sweetly asked me to call him when I got back from my weekend trip.
Now to compensate for being suck a dork - I think I'll wait a couple of days extra before calling him. Hopefully this will negate the stalker acts I previously committed.
Let's all admit it - we all have some stalker-tendencies. For one, you're reading my web log - you stalker!!
So my commentary is this - the internet age has really facilitated the stalker in us to shine through. Some of us "google" the people in our lives...I for one, frequently go into my boss's e-calendar to find out what his day will be like for the next couple of days. For what reason? Oh just to know!
But what happens when we allow these stalker-tendencies to leave the cyber world and enter into our daily living?
Here are a couple stalker-stories:
This weekend, a friend of mine went to Conneticut to visit a guy friend - who happened to live in the same building as a recent ex-fling. As she was leaving, she noticed a brand new car sitting in the lot and she remembered her ex mentioning that he would be buying a new car. So she walked up to take a peek. The peek became a full-blown peer - which then became an analysis of both the car and the contents within the car. And as she was intensely peering inside, she suddenly noticed him coming out of the building. Mortified, she decided to duck and HIDE. She then carefully slinked away and never made her presence known - relieved that she was not caught in the act of stalking.
Now for the author of this blog...This past Friday while at work, I came back from a meeting to see that my friend called my cell. So I decided to return his call - I tried to reach him at his house and on his cell. Then at the end of the work day - I thought I'd try again because we were supposed to have plans that very evening. I got home and went to work out and when I got back to my apartment, I saw that he had called me back. Then the stalker in me BUSTED out and I tried like 7 or 8 times to call him back during the course of the night...forgetting that with technology these days...he would see this stupidness. It's not exactly the same thing as checking his blog a million times.
At 2 am he woke up from his accidental-crazy nap to find that I - the emptomy of coolness and aloofness had called him a million times.
My phone rang - "Hey M its G...sorry to call so late...but did you call me?" Half asleep I answer - "No...I'm sleeping" then he says "Ok - just checking to see if you are okay cuz I see on my cell and house line that you called a couple of times tonight."
OH F!!! Remembering my stalkerness. So after weeks of constructing this fabulously cool/chill image - I have ruined myself!! I tried as fast as I could to get off the phone - I was completely embarrassed and mortified. And as I was extricating myself from the conversation, he sweetly asked me to call him when I got back from my weekend trip.
Now to compensate for being suck a dork - I think I'll wait a couple of days extra before calling him. Hopefully this will negate the stalker acts I previously committed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home