Early Sunday Morning Reflections
2006 Outlook:
...looking good already. I confirmed seats to NYC for my bday weekend and seats for an Au sister vacation to Europe this coming Spring.
Realizations of 2005:
I need coffee to be a good person. Late 2005 I decided to quit coffee because I was sick of having a java-dependance. But I think I will still stay off it as long as I can. Pity the people who work with me first thing in the morning...
I need to work less to be a healthy person. Last year, I was working 15 hour days very easily and most weekends. In 2006, I will discipline myself to stop working so much. My Quebecer colleague proclaimed a very true statement: We are not missionaries, we work for an oil and gas company. Thus, excess volunteer hours to help a giant corporation squeeze more little people would be foolish. I couldn't agree more - vive la joie de vivre!!
Body image:
I am turning 27 this year. HOLY MOLY!!! 27 sounds so official and freakin old. With age, comes the increased challenge to fight the signs of ageing. I read this really sobering biography about Janice Dickinson (the world's first supermodel) and saw pictures of her when she was 17 all the way until now...Just considering looks, time is the ultimate enemy. Honestly and superficially, there is nothing graceful or beautiful about growing old. Granted, there is more to a person than just their appearance however, as a woman who is almost 27 I have to grapple with the reality that MY FACE & BODY ARE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER!!!
THUS, I have started limiting my alcohol unit intakes. So far, I am ashamed to say that this sole action has led to the loss of 5 lbs in 2 weeks. So either my metabolism is still fast OR I was abusing way too much...eek!
2006 Outlook:
...looking good already. I confirmed seats to NYC for my bday weekend and seats for an Au sister vacation to Europe this coming Spring.
Realizations of 2005:
I need coffee to be a good person. Late 2005 I decided to quit coffee because I was sick of having a java-dependance. But I think I will still stay off it as long as I can. Pity the people who work with me first thing in the morning...
I need to work less to be a healthy person. Last year, I was working 15 hour days very easily and most weekends. In 2006, I will discipline myself to stop working so much. My Quebecer colleague proclaimed a very true statement: We are not missionaries, we work for an oil and gas company. Thus, excess volunteer hours to help a giant corporation squeeze more little people would be foolish. I couldn't agree more - vive la joie de vivre!!
Body image:
I am turning 27 this year. HOLY MOLY!!! 27 sounds so official and freakin old. With age, comes the increased challenge to fight the signs of ageing. I read this really sobering biography about Janice Dickinson (the world's first supermodel) and saw pictures of her when she was 17 all the way until now...Just considering looks, time is the ultimate enemy. Honestly and superficially, there is nothing graceful or beautiful about growing old. Granted, there is more to a person than just their appearance however, as a woman who is almost 27 I have to grapple with the reality that MY FACE & BODY ARE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER!!!
THUS, I have started limiting my alcohol unit intakes. So far, I am ashamed to say that this sole action has led to the loss of 5 lbs in 2 weeks. So either my metabolism is still fast OR I was abusing way too much...eek!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home