Fourth Solitude

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Yesterday I laughed, today I cried.

Yesterday I went out to Yorkville to have my haircut and styled. Then i took a spin around Holt's.

In the evening my friends Lu and Sh came over for drinks and some appetizers to chat. And we ended the evening off with a trip to the dancefloor at Cheval (some pretentious new shit club affliated with Brant...meh!) It was GTs. Posh day - the way I like it.

Today...was another story. I went to volunteer with my church friends at St Christopher's house. We delievered food to the elderly in our community. Right around posh King West is Parkdale and some other sketchy parts of town.

To my surprise I had a TON of Chinese grannies and grandpas on my route. They were so happy to see me and talk in Chinese. I felt really fortunate that I got a chance to meet them. I was saddened to see them in those living conditions.

Maybe it is because I went with my White friends and it was Meals on Wheels...but I did not expect to find little poh-pohs at the door. Whenever I think Chinese in Toronto - I always think of the HK'ers driving their SUVs on Highway 7. I was sad to witness these little grannies and grandpas living in abject poverty.

I hope to go back soon and see them again... Especially Mr. S and his pet pigeon. (yea - he was lonely so he rescued a crippled pigeon from the street and keeps it with him in his apt!)

ok work time.

1 Comments:

  • hey since when have you enabled comments?!

    aww. a pet pigeon...

    btw, facebook is reedonkulous. it honestly connects you back with people who you happily forgot about, then all of a sudden so and so from where again is requesting to be your friend? its like a weird trip down memory lane.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 March, 2007 11:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home