Fourth Solitude

Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Separation

It has been a month since I changed jobs and moved to Toronto. It is funny how quickly a human being can adapt to a different environment. In the early weeks I found it unbearable to be so far away from my family. And then slowly, I just got used to the fact that I am here and they are there.

Even though my separation is short. It makes me think constantly about those couples who are separated for years. Like my grand-parents when my grand-father came to Canada first. And was only reunited 10 years later with his family. Or the army guys who go out to war for months if not years at a time.

I don't know how they did it. Because between flights home every weekend and skype - I still think the distance is terrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home