"New York is a great place to be engaged, it's an even better place to be enraged!"
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City Season 6 Episode 7
Last Friday, I woke up - hit the snooze button and went straight back to my REM cycle. I woke up again only to hit the snooze...just one more time! After a tortuous 30 mins of trying and trying to wake myself and get ready for work - I was finally out the door.
As I turned on the engine to my car, I heard my CD and felt happy. I pulled out of the car park and saw the sunlight. I was in a good mood.
I followed a big van to the end of my block and waited to turn left onto the very busy Bloor street. When the van finally turned left, I pulled up closer to the intersection to look for my opportune moment to turn.
To my amusement, the most glorious man pulled up next to me in his shiny VW and looked at me. He was perfection. Beautiful until...his face of Adonis turned into a scowl and then I watched in horror as he flipped me the bird!! He turned made his right-hand turn while I was still frozen in shock.
I liked this person before I met him...and yet, he hated me...for no apparent reason.
Yet another fine, well-mannered gentleman.
***********************
My girlfriend wanted to let me know that she witnessed a young man in my Sunday school class get up and offer his chair to a girl who came in late. Shall I recant my previous blog? I do recall now that both he and his brother are very gentlemen-like. But I also recall that his family is originally from Montreal.
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City Season 6 Episode 7
Last Friday, I woke up - hit the snooze button and went straight back to my REM cycle. I woke up again only to hit the snooze...just one more time! After a tortuous 30 mins of trying and trying to wake myself and get ready for work - I was finally out the door.
As I turned on the engine to my car, I heard my CD and felt happy. I pulled out of the car park and saw the sunlight. I was in a good mood.
I followed a big van to the end of my block and waited to turn left onto the very busy Bloor street. When the van finally turned left, I pulled up closer to the intersection to look for my opportune moment to turn.
To my amusement, the most glorious man pulled up next to me in his shiny VW and looked at me. He was perfection. Beautiful until...his face of Adonis turned into a scowl and then I watched in horror as he flipped me the bird!! He turned made his right-hand turn while I was still frozen in shock.
I liked this person before I met him...and yet, he hated me...for no apparent reason.
Yet another fine, well-mannered gentleman.
***********************
My girlfriend wanted to let me know that she witnessed a young man in my Sunday school class get up and offer his chair to a girl who came in late. Shall I recant my previous blog? I do recall now that both he and his brother are very gentlemen-like. But I also recall that his family is originally from Montreal.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home