l'enfant terrible finally grows up.
One evening at the Au household, a 10-year old me got really pissed off at my mom for asking me to do the dishes. "ME?!?!?! do the dishes???!!?! HOW DARE SHE ASK ME TODAY!!! what does she do with her time anyways?!?!" i was infuriated that she asked me to go above and beyond my twice-a-week duty.
to teach her a lesson, both my sister and i did the worse job ever. we splashed water all over the counter and half-scrubbed the pots (remember B? terrible, huh?)
needless to say my mother was FURIOUS!
anyways, fast forward 16 years: I spent my days-off this weekend cleaning my condo. A few weeks ago I finally purchased a vacuum cleaner and am quite obsessed with de-dusting my place. And this evening, I spent it SCRUBBING the stove-top. I realized not long ago, that my house was not clean because I did the dishes twice a week. Rather, my loving mother worked incredibly hard behind the scenes making our household a better place to live in.
I conclude today that it is indeed much more difficult to be a great homemaker than to be a business-lady.
One evening at the Au household, a 10-year old me got really pissed off at my mom for asking me to do the dishes. "ME?!?!?! do the dishes???!!?! HOW DARE SHE ASK ME TODAY!!! what does she do with her time anyways?!?!" i was infuriated that she asked me to go above and beyond my twice-a-week duty.
to teach her a lesson, both my sister and i did the worse job ever. we splashed water all over the counter and half-scrubbed the pots (remember B? terrible, huh?)
needless to say my mother was FURIOUS!
anyways, fast forward 16 years: I spent my days-off this weekend cleaning my condo. A few weeks ago I finally purchased a vacuum cleaner and am quite obsessed with de-dusting my place. And this evening, I spent it SCRUBBING the stove-top. I realized not long ago, that my house was not clean because I did the dishes twice a week. Rather, my loving mother worked incredibly hard behind the scenes making our household a better place to live in.
I conclude today that it is indeed much more difficult to be a great homemaker than to be a business-lady.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home