Fourth Solitude

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Entitlement

These past few weeks, I can honestly say that I am surprised at the amount of haters there are out there. Grown-ups cheering at the news that Paris had to go back to jail when there is zero reaction to the likes of Robert Picton (serial murderer's trail).

Why is the public so hateful towards her? I guess the only answer is that Paris Hilton is the poster-girl for entitlement. This makes the average person MAD. I guess the thought process is "I work hard, i have to deal with the daily grind - and here is this rich brat shoving her wealth and entitlement in my face!" something like that...

Of course, I do not condone to her behaviour and especially abhor the fact that she drove while intoxicated. But I do not share the mass public's reaction of total enjoyment that she is in jail.

I think that if we turned the tables inwards, each one of us could find something about ourselves, our lifestyle, or the words that escape our mouths - to be intolerable by someone less fortunate than ourselves.

And while we are not on television and on every smutty magazine - someone out there does resent the fact that you and I have a better life than they do. Cause let's face it - life is good.

I think what I am trying to say here is that after weeks of obsessing and focusing on the fact that I have not found my perfect house yet...I am letting it go to focus and be grateful on the things that I do currently have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home