Fourth Solitude

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Chi-town

I arrived on Friday excited to see A. Her apt is great - and right around the corner from N. Michigan Ave!

After a late dinner at Brasserie Joe's (highly recommend for great prices and good food), we walked home to drink boiled water (ahh - A is truly my best friend!) and chat.

Saturday, I shopped. OK i failed my shopaholic's test. But HEY i found an amazing BCBG dress for $90...hello?? not buying it is like leaving money on the table!

We went to a great sushi place - Tsunami's and pigged out. then we met up with her genius ivy league friends for some dancing. Seriously? i thought that MIT people always played chess or something - who knew some of them go dancing!

My favourite memory of the evening is Miss A walking up to a bunch of "brotha's" outside of McDonald's in her designer duds and yelling "YO-YO-YO!! Brotha's!!!" To which they screamed obscenities back at her...Her response was classic A "YO! I don't need friends! I need some fries! Got it?? No friends - just fries!"

I honestly don't know how she gets away with that stuff - but she cracks me up!

This morning - we are both taking it easy - my feet still are killing me and i am on caffeine withdrawal. hopefully i will go out for a walk later and be more productive!

by the way - I did manage to see the Hancock observatory while I was on my way to Bloomingdales ;) (i previously visited all this stuff back when i was a teenager)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home