"No offense" but directly below is the original blog entry. I hate self-censorship.
**********************************************************
You call me for updates.
As if the 8 days since we last spoke I would have found "the one".
And if I don't find my prince till I’m 35
Will I have to listen to this for another 11 years?
Sorry that the one uncontrollable in my life disappoints you
Well I’m not really sorry.
You hurt me with the continuous questions
It makes me wonder how you would treat me if I never do find someone.
Every story I write, every personal accomplishment, every dream, every plan,
Overshadowed by my singleness.
It is not enough that I graduated with great distinction.
Not enough that I am successful.
Not enough that I serve God as you would.
Not enough that I resist the temptation of attractive-evil men.
Not enough that I fight to transform and not conform.
Don’t you know that everything I do is to please and honour you?
Sorry that this one uncontrollable in my life disappoints you.
So now all I have left to say is -
I’m an island. Get used to it.
**********************************************************
You call me for updates.
As if the 8 days since we last spoke I would have found "the one".
And if I don't find my prince till I’m 35
Will I have to listen to this for another 11 years?
Sorry that the one uncontrollable in my life disappoints you
Well I’m not really sorry.
You hurt me with the continuous questions
It makes me wonder how you would treat me if I never do find someone.
Every story I write, every personal accomplishment, every dream, every plan,
Overshadowed by my singleness.
It is not enough that I graduated with great distinction.
Not enough that I am successful.
Not enough that I serve God as you would.
Not enough that I resist the temptation of attractive-evil men.
Not enough that I fight to transform and not conform.
Don’t you know that everything I do is to please and honour you?
Sorry that this one uncontrollable in my life disappoints you.
So now all I have left to say is -
I’m an island. Get used to it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home