Fourth Solitude

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The ghost of wedding past coming back to haunt me.

So it has been more than a year since my wedding. Last week it greatly saddened me to find out that someone has shunned my parents (literally looks away when my parents are in a room and will not say a word to my father). The reason that this couple and entire family have stopped speaking to my parents is because PP and I did not invite them to my wedding.

Apparently this is not the only family or group of people that really feel insulted that they were not invited to my wedding.

It really annoys me that my parents are being consequenced on a decision that I made - to have a smaller and more intimate wedding. Now, it is important to note that at 200 guests my wedding was very small by Chinese standards. There was a maximum capacity in the room and most of the people were family or very close friends.

It is also important to note that both PP's and my parents have been in Montreal for over 40 years and both sides were greatly involved in the Chinese community and Montreal community. If it was a "saving face" wedding - it could have easily been over 1000 people.

I guess the biggest annoyance here is that none of these people actually even care about PP or myself - it was a question of entitlement.

It angers me that they expected me to have one of those gigantic Chinese weddings. It angers me that they are disrespecting my parents now. Most vexing of all - these people can't even tell the difference between B and me but they felt that they had a right to my most special day!!!

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal because PP and I are very happy together and with our families. I guess I am just hating that people are being mean to my parents.

1 Comments:

  • ditto.. I totally understand! poo on you people who think you deserve everything in the world.
    Theresa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 January, 2008 11:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home