Fourth Solitude

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A summary of 2007 would be - FAMILY.
This year, PP and I began building our family of 2. It was not easy at the beginning since I was in the T-dot and he was here in Montréal. With the prayers of our small group and family, we did not feel that burdened by the situation and were even able to rejoice. God worked a miracle and I had the chance to move back. And now we are working on the day-to-day of a marriage - which is quite fabulous because I have good food everyday!

Secondly, after a few years of distance, my family became 1 unit again...literally! My parents moved back to Mtl and bought the downstairs of my duplex! It is another blessing from God because we are getting a chance to catch up on lost time and PP has a chance to get to know my parents. It is working out really well. We love our home and the proximity to our family.

Thirdly, I am getting to know the Cheungs. A quirky, warm, welcoming bunch. It is weird that all of a sudden, I have another 70 to 100 people to call family (yes...the Cheungs are numerous!) It is also a true blessing that all of a sudden, I have more people I can truly say love me for who I am unconditionally.

Finally, it was wonderful to be able to spend the holidays with our extended family. As I get older, I realize how difficult it is to keep in touch with cousins, uncles, and aunts who live far away. And yet, this year we had the chance to share great food and wine with both the Au's and the Ma's.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home