Fourth Solitude

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Leggings

I heart leggings. It is the perfect thing to wear under a long sweater or long top. It looks great when you pair them with tall boots. Very comfortable and fashionable. Just fabulous.

Having said all this, I really believe that there should be strict adherence to the leggings commandments.
1) thou shalt always wear tops that go past the bottocks when wearing leggings
2) thou shalt not be a grand-mother when wearing leggings
3) thou shalt not replace formal wear with leggings
4) thou shalt not wear white leggings with pasty limbs
5) thou shalt NOT allow your leggings to scrunch
6) thou shalt be fit when wearing leggings
7) thou shalt not assume that every day is a legging day
8) thou shalt never wear leggings to the office
9) thou shalt not spent over $100 on a pair of leggings (that is crazy expensive ladies!!)
10) thou shalt not wear leggings with holes in them!!! DISGUSTING.

On one sunny Sunday afternoon, I saw at least 5 of these sinful acts being committed. THIS is what prompted my blog entry. Nastiness!

The worse was this nasty plastic-looking grandmother who looked like she missed her last botox appointment. She was wearing deep purple leggings with boots and a short purple top. The most disgusting thing is that it was that time of the month for her...or worse...she's gotten so much work done that perhaps it was just an adult diaper?? GROSS. I digress.

The close second-place runner up was this lady dressed almost perfectly walking around with leggings and a short sweater that obscenely displayed her vedgie (wedgie but the other way). Had she replaced those leggings with a pair of black pants or jeans, she would have been the textbook definition of dignified socialite.

Since I am so passionate about this topic, I do want to leave anything to misinterpretation or confusion. So here are picture examples of when bad clothes happen to good people.




1 Comments:

  • I completely agree with all legging commandments.

    Kudos for finding an appropriate use of the term "vedgie".

    By Blogger Carmen, at 06 October, 2008 16:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home