Michelle Obama - respect.
Recently, I have thought a lot about whether I could ever put my career on hold for a short period of time in order to raise a family, support my husband, etc. I really struggle with that notion.
Let me repeat, I really struggle with that notion.
Just today, I saw this article about Michelle Obama who spent the day celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday by reading an excerpt of "The Cat in the Hat"...wut?
She graduated from Princeton and earned a law degree at Harvard. She then worked as an Associate at a law firm and went on to a very successful career. Another juicy and interesting fact - in 2006, her total income as filed in Income Tax returns was $273K while Barrack's was $157K.
And now, the press follows her around and covers stories about her reading "The Cat in the Hat". How could she give up her identity and success just to follow her husband's election campaign? Day in and day out, she gracefully endures the comments about her clothes, appearance, and home-maker abilities. I wonder if she has days when she just screams "I graduated from Harvard law!!!!"
I don't know what it is like to sacrifice my ambition for my husbands or for the betterment of my family.
I guess what I have to say is that I really respect her. Michelle's accomplishments far surpass mine - and I hope to be as graceful as she is if I ever find myself in a similar situation.
Recently, I have thought a lot about whether I could ever put my career on hold for a short period of time in order to raise a family, support my husband, etc. I really struggle with that notion.
Let me repeat, I really struggle with that notion.
Just today, I saw this article about Michelle Obama who spent the day celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday by reading an excerpt of "The Cat in the Hat"...wut?
She graduated from Princeton and earned a law degree at Harvard. She then worked as an Associate at a law firm and went on to a very successful career. Another juicy and interesting fact - in 2006, her total income as filed in Income Tax returns was $273K while Barrack's was $157K.
And now, the press follows her around and covers stories about her reading "The Cat in the Hat". How could she give up her identity and success just to follow her husband's election campaign? Day in and day out, she gracefully endures the comments about her clothes, appearance, and home-maker abilities. I wonder if she has days when she just screams "I graduated from Harvard law!!!!"
I don't know what it is like to sacrifice my ambition for my husbands or for the betterment of my family.
I guess what I have to say is that I really respect her. Michelle's accomplishments far surpass mine - and I hope to be as graceful as she is if I ever find myself in a similar situation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home