Me + Muay Thai = Danger
I've recently started Muay Thai training. It's a form of boxing. Honestly, I don't know what it is or what I'm doing - I just joined because my very hot friend joined and I figure, if I follow her workout regiment perhaps I'll look like her eventually. That's my logic and I stand by it!
Nevertheless, I enjoy Muay Thai immensely. If I can get through the 10 minute warm up (more like a jump start) without passing out then I really enjoy Muay Thai. I feel like this fighting Tigress - an awesome feeling really. A huge motivation factor is the instructor. He is this super fit Nubian god so bold about his physique that he commonly wears little shorts that say "Pretty Boy" across the front of his crotch... but I digress. His appearance is not the motivation - rather, it is the sense that he potentially could kick my butt if I give up or slack-off. So I always double my effort to improve and avoid the scowls he throws in the general director of slackers.
Anyways - yesterday while training, I had this epiphany: working out is like clubbing.
- Men are always trying to show women their "moves"
- Women are wearing tight and revealing attire
- Older women are relentlessly trying to attract the "it" guy with their over-enthusiasm
- Everyone is hot and sweaty
- The same music blares
- There is the usual crowd of losers who mill about in the back checking out the women.
So my only thought while jabbing and kicking is - where is my cosmopolitan!?!?!!
I've recently started Muay Thai training. It's a form of boxing. Honestly, I don't know what it is or what I'm doing - I just joined because my very hot friend joined and I figure, if I follow her workout regiment perhaps I'll look like her eventually. That's my logic and I stand by it!
Nevertheless, I enjoy Muay Thai immensely. If I can get through the 10 minute warm up (more like a jump start) without passing out then I really enjoy Muay Thai. I feel like this fighting Tigress - an awesome feeling really. A huge motivation factor is the instructor. He is this super fit Nubian god so bold about his physique that he commonly wears little shorts that say "Pretty Boy" across the front of his crotch... but I digress. His appearance is not the motivation - rather, it is the sense that he potentially could kick my butt if I give up or slack-off. So I always double my effort to improve and avoid the scowls he throws in the general director of slackers.
Anyways - yesterday while training, I had this epiphany: working out is like clubbing.
- Men are always trying to show women their "moves"
- Women are wearing tight and revealing attire
- Older women are relentlessly trying to attract the "it" guy with their over-enthusiasm
- Everyone is hot and sweaty
- The same music blares
- There is the usual crowd of losers who mill about in the back checking out the women.
So my only thought while jabbing and kicking is - where is my cosmopolitan!?!?!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home